Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Daily Reflection for 11/22/05


"It Works... If You Work It."

Courtesy, kindness, justice, and love are the keynotes by which we may come into harmony with practically anybody. When in doubt we can always pause saying, "Not my will, but Thine, be done." And we can often ask ourselves, "Am I doing to others as I would Have them do to me -- today?"

12 and 12 / Page 93

How true this is. I know that I was nowhere close to the end of my drug abuse & drinking until I was absolutely ready to do anything and everything it took. I was ready to work the program because I knew I had no other choices, no other options. I'm not perfect--in fact I'm the furthest from perfect of anyone I know. But I'm trying and I'm always getting better to the best of my ability. Drugs & Alcohol no longer play a part in my life. What more can you ask for?
:)
*AP

No comments: